Main Feature: Sugata Mitra speaks with Corinne about Self Organised Learning Environments, and Stephanie Smith, a school teacher in NSW, discusses her experiences with SOLEs in a school setting.
Regular Features: Dan Haesler asks ‘What’s in it for Google?’ in Off Campus; Cameron and Corinne discuss Tertiary Education funding and School Chaplains in Education in the News; Teachers talk about the importance of professional relationships in Education in the News; Mystery Educator competition. new puzzle!
- Sugata Mitra’s TED Talk, “Kids can teach themselves”
- Download the SOLE toolkit from TED online.
- Interview with Sugata Mitra recorded at EduTech
- Stephanie Smith on Twitter
- Our Feature interview comes from EduTech 2014
- TER’s EdNewzOz online paper, with educational news stories from around Australia, can be found here: http://paper.li/TERPodcast/1396739602
- Dan Haesler’s Website
00:00 – Opening Credits
01:19 – Intro
05:48 – Off Campus. Dan asks ‘What’s in it for Google?’
11:53 – Education in the News.
31:56 – AITSL’s Teacher Feature
36:03 – Main Feature introduction
38:49 – Interview with Sugata Mitra
48:28 – Interview with Stephanie Smith
01:20:33 – Mystery Educator puzzle
01:22:31 – Announcements
01:25:55 – Quote an closing credits